Centrally located within Melbourne's Central Business District at the “Paris End” of Collins Street, with access to both Russell Street and Flinders Lane. Grand Hyatt Melbourne first opened in 1986 and has been extensively renovated in recent years. The property has since evolved into a five-star, 550-room hotel part of a mixed development with a commercial centre and a carpark with 595 lots. In 2019 it had an occupancy rate of 91%.
Its facilities and amenities include four food and beverage outlets, comprising Collins Kitchen, Bistro Bar, Ru-Co Bar and the lobby lounge, 15 meeting rooms for conferences and banquets, The Residence as a premium event space designed as a private residence concept, a day spa (Sanctuary Spa) and the City Club health and fitness centre equipped with a heated indoor swimming pool, a tennis court, a basketball area and a golf driving range.
Awards garnered by Grand Hyatt Melbourne include:
- International Luxury Hotel Awards 2018 – Best Luxury Hotel for Australia
- World Travel Awards 2018 – Australia’s Leading Business Hotel
- Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2018 – Best Business Hotel in Melbourne
- HM Awards for Hotel and Accommodation Excellence 2018 – Best Upper-Upscale Hotel in Australia
- 2018 Tourism Accommodation Australia (Victoria) Accommodation Awards for Excellence – Deluxe Accommodation Hotel of the Year; Outstanding Achievement in Training; Hotel Industry Rising Star; Revenue Management Employee of the Year; Food and Beverage Services Employee of the Year
- 2018 Australian Hotels Association (AHA) National Awards for Excellence – Best Outstanding Achievement in Training
- 2019 Tourism Accommodation Australia (Victoria) Accommodation Awards for Excellence – Outstanding Community Service Achievement; Outstanding Achievement in Training; Excellence in Innovation; Sales Employee of the Year; Back of House Employee of the Year
- 2019 Spice Hot 200 Hotels, Resorts & Venue Awards
- 2019 Australian Hotels Association (AHA) National Awards for Excellence – Best Outstanding Achievement in Training
- 2019 Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards – Best Business Hotel in Melbourne, Best Business Hotel Brand in the World – Grand Hyatt
- 2019 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Australasia’s Luxury City Hotel
- 2019 Jay Pritzker Award for Global General Manager of the Year, Hyatt worldwide